Canada New Housing Price Index  1981-2016 | Data | Chart | Calendar

New home prices in Canada increased by 0.2 percent month-on-month in November of 2015, following a 0.3 percent growth in the previous month and in line with market expectations. The increase was largely a result of higher prices in the combined region of Toronto and Oshawa (+0.2 percent) and Vancouver (+0.5 percent). Builders reported market conditions as the main reasons for the gain. Meanwhile, prices in Montréal rose by 0.4 percent, marking the largest increase in that metropolitan area since October 2012, as cost of material went up. Year-on-year, new home prices went up by 1.6 percent, compared to a 1.5 percent growth in October. Housing Index in Canada averaged 75.05 Index Points from 1981 until 2015, reaching an all time high of 114 Index Points in November of 2015 and a record low of 44.30 Index Points in May of 1983. Housing Index in Canada is reported by the Statistics Canada.

Canada New Housing Price Index
Please Paste this Code in your Website

Actual Previous Highest Lowest Dates Unit Frequency
114.00 113.80 114.00 44.30 1981 - 2015 Index Points Monthly
2007=100, NSA
In Canada, New Housing Price Index (NHPI) measures changes over time in the contractors' selling prices of new residential houses, where specifications of each house remain the same between two consecutive periods. . This page provides - Canada New Housing Price Index - actual values, historical data, forecast, chart, statistics, economic calendar and news. Canada New Housing Price Index - actual data, historical chart and calendar of releases - was last updated on February of 2016.


Calendar GMT Reference Actual Previous Consensus Forecast (i)
2015-12-10 01:30 PM Oct 1.5% 1.3%
2016-01-14 01:30 PM Nov 0.2% 0.3% 0.2%
2016-01-14 01:30 PM Nov 1.6% 1.5%
2016-02-11 01:30 PM Dec 0.2% 0.2%
2016-02-11 01:30 PM Dec 1.6%
2016-03-10 01:30 PM Jan

Canada Housing Last Previous Highest Lowest Unit
Building Permits 6234700.00 7757800.00 8945757.00 57056.00 CAD Thousand [+]
Housing Starts 173.00 193.30 291.60 90.70 Thousand [+]
Housing Index 114.00 113.80 114.00 44.30 Index Points [+]
Home Ownership Rate 67.60 65.40 67.60 63.90 percent [+]




Last
Argentina 655.14 Oct/15
Australia 2.00 Sep/15
Austria 135.43 Sep/15
Bahrain 184.00 Sep/14
Bangladesh 1797.00 Dec/08
Belgium 108.56 Sep/15
Bosnia and Herzegovina 501.00 Sep/15
Bulgaria 93.77 Sep/15
Canada 114.00 Nov/15
Chile 166.40 Sep/15
China 1.60 Dec/15
Colombia 105.29 Sep/15
Croatia 90.40 Sep/15
Cuba 25037.00 Dec/14
Cyprus 93.27 Sep/15
Czech Republic 105.37 Sep/15
Denmark 111.39 Sep/15
Estonia 155.92 Sep/15
Euro Area 99.65 Sep/15
European Union 103.38 Sep/15
Finland 106.57 Sep/15
France 101.31 Sep/15
Germany 123.74 Dec/15
Greece 60.10 Sep/15
Hong Kong 136.51 Nov/15
Hungary 100.11 Sep/15
Iceland 315.90 Jan/16
India 238.00 Mar/15
Indonesia 189.40 Dec/15
Ireland 86.80 Dec/15
Israel 376.00 Dec/15
Italy 86.34 Sep/15
Japan 103.85 Oct/15
Jordan 2658.00 Oct/15
Kazakhstan 115.80 Dec/15
Latvia 125.28 Sep/15
Lithuania 121.22 Sep/15
Luxembourg 126.30 Sep/15
Macedonia 92.39 Mar/15
Malaysia 5.40 Sep/15
Malta 110.81 Sep/15
Montenegro 1111.00 Sep/15
Netherlands 89.50 Dec/15
New Zealand 1.60 Dec/15
Norway 181.00 Dec/15
Philippines 9308.00 Jun/15
Poland 137.50 Jun/15
Portugal 93.80 Sep/15
Romania 82.71 Sep/15
Russia 5.70 Dec/14
Singapore 141.60 Dec/15
Slovakia 103.56 Sep/15
Slovenia 84.27 Sep/15
South Africa 509.80 Dec/15
South Korea 107.20 Dec/15
Spain 1476.00 Sep/15
Sri Lanka 3126.00 Jun/15
Sweden 208.80 Dec/15
Switzerland 450.60 Dec/15
Taiwan 280.63 Dec/15
Thailand 129.30 Dec/15
Turkey 199.56 Nov/15
Uganda 214.80 Sep/15
United Kingdom 687.53 Jan/16
United States 0.50 Nov/15
Uruguay 273.05 Dec/13