Australia Unemployment Rate Falls to 6.1% in August
Australian jobless rate decreased to 6.1 percent in August of 2014 from a 12-year high of 6.4 percent reported in July. The economy added 121 thousand jobs, the highest monthly gain on record, driven by part-time employment.
The number of employed persons increased by a seasonally adjusted 121,000 in August 2014 to 11,703,500, following a decrease of 4,100 persons in July 2014. Full-time employment rose 14,300 to 8,094,300 and part-time employment increased 106,700 to 3,609,200. The number of unemployed persons decreased by 33,500 to 755,100, following an increase of 41,800 in July 2014.
9/11/2014 12:58:55 PM
Australia Jobless Rate Jumps to 12-Year High
Australia's unemployment rate increased by 0.3 percentage points to 6.4 percent in July of 2014, the highest level since June of 2002 as the number of people looking for work increased.
Published on 2014-08-07
Australia Unemployment Rate Up to 6% in June
Australian seasonally adjusted jobless rate increased by 0.1 percentage point to 6.0 percent in June of 2014, from a revised 5.9 percent in May. The number of unemployed persons increased by 20,300 to 741,700 in the month, while in trend terms the number of unemployed persons in June 2014 increased by 1,100 to 728,500.
Published on 2014-07-10
The seasonally adjusted underemployment rate increased 0.7 percentage points from May 2014 to 8.5 percent in August 2014. Combined with the August unemployment rate of 6.1 percent, the latest seasonally adjusted estimate of total labor force underutilisation increased 1.0 percentage points to 14.6 percent in August 2014. In trend terms, the underemployment rate increased 0.4 percentage points to 8.2 percent in August 2014 and total labor force underutilisation increased 0.4 percentage points to 14.3 percent.
August 2014 saw the seasonally adjusted participation rate increase by 0.4 percentage points (based on unrounded estimates) to 65.2 percent. The trend participation rate increased 0.1 percentage points to 65.0 percent in August 2014. The employment to population ratio, which expresses the number of employed persons as a percentage of the civilian population aged 15 years and over, increased 0.6 percentage points to 61.3 percent (seasonally adjusted).